Enterotube II is a rapid, multi test kit system used to identify unknown oxidase-negative, gram- negative, rod shaped bacteria from the family Enterobacteriaceae Enterotube II has a tube with a flat side and which contains 12 compartments color coded for different biochemical tests. Enterotube followed by Enterotube II, though improved it’s accuracy, the enterotube II system still may yield false positive or negative results. The Following bacterias can be identified with enterotube test. [jpg]
- Escherichia coil
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Klebsiella oxytoca
- Enterobacter aerogenes
- Enterobacter cloacae
- Enterobacter agglomerans
- Serratia marcescens
- Serraia liquefaciens
- Serraia rubidaea
- Providencia stuartii
- Providencia akcalifaciens
- Salmonella spp
- Salmonella phi
- Citrobacter freundii
- Citrobacter diversus
- Proteus mirabilis
- Proteus vulgaris
- Morganella morganii
- Hafitia alvei
- Enterobacter sakazakii
- ShigeUa spp
- Shigella sonnei
- Edwardsiella tarda
Read about Self Esteem Test
- Choose a well-Isolated colonies from Perti dish, and select one colony for identification.
- Obtain one Enterotube II and remove the cap from the Enterolube II.
- Not the bent, but the straight wire to be used to pick up the bacteria, while the bent end Is the handle.
- Without flaming the wire, touch the end to a well-Isolated colony or bocterla from a plate. Avoid touching agar, but try to touch the bacteria only.
- While gently twisting the wire, pull it through all 12 compartment of the Enterotube II. Now reinsert the wire into the first four compartments (glucose, Lysine, Ornithine and H2S lndole), thereby creating an anaerobic environment.
- Break the needle by bending It at the notch, and discard the handle in the breaker of disinfectant. Replace the caps loosely on both ends of the tube.
- Strip off the blue tape to expose the holes ln the Enterotube II and provide aerobic conditions. Slide the clear plastic band over the glucose compartment any wax that may otherwise escape due to excessive gas production. Incubate incubated at 37 degrees Celsius for 18-24 hours and then refrigerate it until it is to be observed.
Enterotube II interpretation Guide is as under:
- Examine the Enterotube II and interpret all the results except Indole and Vages Proskauer Tests.Results.
- Once the 24 hours of incubation is complete, all change in color to be recorded in the manufacturer ID card provided along with the enterotube II interpretation guide.
- Then reagents are added to the indole and Voges-Proskauer compartments as per the instructions and their results are recorded in the same ID card. The numerical values of the positive tests are added in their appropriate sections to yield a 5-digit ID for the organism being tested.
- Once the 24 hours of incubation is complete, all change in color to be recorded in the manufacturer ID card provided along with the enterotube II interpretation guide. Bacterium are attempted to identify with the help of computer generated coding system available on report sheet from the instructor.The instructor will provide directions for the system to determine the ID value to identify the genus and the species of the organism.